Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10: Avalanche Bars



I am admitting up front that I have never, not ever, tried this recipe before this post. I must say, for a Rice Krispie bar, it's actually pretty awesome. 

JP looked up cookie bars online and found a picture of what he wanted me to make. They were called Avalanche Bars. Upon further investigation, it seems they are a popular treat hailing from a deliciously famous chocolate store. The very same store that makes the best haystacks I have ever had! Who knew? Not me.

So I gave it a try. It is a glorified Rice Krispie treat, but with white chocolate and peanut butter that mixes marshmallows and mini chocolate chips into the insane goodness of this pretty little bar. And it's easy. BONUS!

Until tomorrow my cookie pals....
Keep Calm and Eat Sweets!



Avalanche Bars

12 oz bag of white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli but I would use nestle next time)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (Jif)
3 cups puffed rice cereal
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (nestle) + some for garnish

  • Lightly grease a 9"x9" pan
  • In microwave-safe bowl pour in white chips and heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30 second increments until chips are melted.
  • Combine the peanut butter with the melted chips and add the puffed rice cereal.
  • Let cool approximately 15 – 20 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
  • Add the marshmallows and the mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
  • Pour mixture into the pan and press lightly with the back of a spoon or wax paper, but do not compact too much.
  • Press the remaining chocolate chips into the top for garnish.
  • Allow to cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment