Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 23: Kris Kringle's Krinkles


After a long ride home from Ohio, I must apologize for the late post....

When I discovered I could no longer enjoy a snickerdoole, I went on search of a cookie that had a similar texture/taste to the dough (cream of tartar). I ran into a cookie at an exchange one year that made it's way to my take-home container BUT I did not know who brought it and the thought of asking 75 different people was just too daunting.... So, I searched high and low and finally settled on combining a few recipe to get to this. It is a lemon-lime zest cookie (you could use orange zest). I personally think it is fabulous. I have named them Kris Kringle's Krinkles.

I hope today found you hustling and bustling with Holiday Cheer. Only one more cookie to go! Hint: Tomorrow is Santa's favorite!

Kris Kringle's Krinkles
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 egg
1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Nonpareils or sugar to coat tops
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Cream butter for 30 seconds
  • Add sugar, baking soda and cream of tartar, beat until combined
  • Add egg, lemon peel, lime peel and vanilla, mix to combine
  • Add flour, mix
  • Place Nonpareils or sugar in small bowl
  • Roll dough into 1" balls and dip tops in Nonpareils or sugar
  • Place on cookie sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes
  • Transfer to rack to cool


No comments:

Post a Comment