Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 12: Oreo Cookies & Creme Cookie Bars



Like I said yesterday, a little birdie delivered some Cookies & Creme Kisses to to me (thanks Kim) and I have been dying to try my version of this cookie bar. Oh. My. Goodness. It is soooo good. Not too hard to make either. I made an original batch to "test", then another for Kim's family and then another because they are so, so yummy. When you find the Cookies & Creme Kisses (by Hershey) GRAB them and HOARD them in your pantry, you will want this treat throughout the year. Each bag makes about 3 batches so I figure 5 or so bags would get me through the year (5 x 3 = 15, ok, maybe my family will need more!)

Anyway, try them. Plan on a good long run, trip to the gym or a serious guilt trip after you have devoured the entire pan before the kids get home from school. Don't say I didn't warn you....

Pure bliss! Go Get Your Sweet On My Friends!



Oreo Cookies & Creme Cookie Bars
adapted from The Picky Palate

1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 extra large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
12 Oreo Cookies, cut into 4s
20 Cookies and Cream Hershey’s Kisses

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8"×8" inch baking pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
  • Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Add dry ingredients, chocolate chips and oreo cookie pieces, stirring to combine. 
  • Press 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of prepared baking pan (I used a little bit more here)
  • Top with 4 rows of Hershey’s Kisses 4 per row. 
  • Top with remaining dough and gently press. 
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. 
  • Let cool for 30 minutes, remove from pan by lifting foil, cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment