Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8: White Chip, Cherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies

The other day "someone" asked me to try a "new" recipe. Soooo, here goes. Last night I went to Kroger and picked up the following:

  • White chocolate chips
  • Dried cranberries infused with cherry juice
  • Macadamia nuts 

I set out to plan a recipe. I knew I wanted festive. I knew I wanted a chewy, deep flavor so I used only brown sugar. I knew I wanted white chocolate with something nutty, thought about pecans but went with Macadamia nuts instead. The result is below:



Here's what I learned...

  • They are a wetter cookie batter (not bad just need to compensate)
  • I needed to use parchment paper
  • I like big cookies so they took 15 minutes to bake
  • They would be AWESOME as a pan cookie drizzled with white chocolate

White Chip, Cherry & Macadamia Nut Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 extra large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1/2 - 1 cup Macadamia nuts
1 5oz bag of dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries...
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cream butter and brown sugar on medium for 4 minutes or so (it changes consistency)
  • Add eggs, one at a time on low speed, making sure the first one is incorporated before adding the second one
  • Add vanilla, mix
  • Add salt, baking powder and flour, incorporate well
  • Fold in nuts and cherries
  • Drop cookies on parchment lined sheets or spread in 13 x 9 (or so) pan.
  • Bake: Large cookies for 15 minutes, small cookies for 8-10 minutes and pan for apps. 25-30 minutes.

I hop you enjoy. I thought they were fantastic. (I REALLY liked the cherry infused cranberries.

Eat Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment