Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19: Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies


I have been making these for many, many years. Without tipping my hat to my age, this recipe came my way right about the same time my marriage license did. My favorite memory of these yummy little packages of joy include a past boss of mine, Jeff. He LOVED these cookies (and tequila, but that is another story all together!) So much so that he would drop little hints when he needed his "cookie fix". I strongly suspect they never made it out of his office. I finally got to the point that I when would make a batch for us, I'd also make a batch for him, presented neatly in a brown paper lunch sack sitting on his desk. Miss those days...



Reese's Cup Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup softened unsalted butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Cream white sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth
  • Add egg and vanilla
  • Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix to incorporate
  • Roll into 1” balls or use a 1” scoop. Place one ball into each hole of a mini muffin tin. Fill any empty spaces with water to ensure even baking
  • Bake for 8-9 minutes
  • Remove from oven an push one unwrapped mini reese cup into each cookie
  • Let sit in pan for 3 minutes then remove to wire rack. Trick is to use a butter knife or off-set spatula to gently remove the cookies. 
By the way, I generally do not use the white Reese's cups but if you can find them, use them, they are YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment