Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 24: Santa's Favorite Chocolate Chippers


Well, here we are.... 24 cookies later. The. Last. Day.

Tomorrow is Christmas and I don't think that my family – or my waistline – can take another batch of cookies. This project was one of pure enjoyment for me and I loved every minute of every batch. It gave me something creative back that I have not had in a long time. Something other than work, or for my kids. Something just for me that I wanted to do. I haven't done that in a long time! I never really thought people would actually read the blog because it was on a whim that I posted the first day on Facebook. I am honestly surprised (and flattered) at how many of you I have run into that have said you are following my adventures.  Thank you!!

So until next year (if I choose to do this again) or until I open a bakery someday, somewhere... I hope you have enjoyed our time together. I know I have.

This cookie is our family favorite and I have it on good authority that these are one of Santa's favorites too.

Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for a Sweet 2013.
Tonya

Santa's Favorite Chocolate Chippers
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (I like Giant Eagle - for the northerners or Kroger - for the southerners, both generic)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ( I use vanilla bean paste for these)
1 cup of milk chocolate chips (I use Ghirardelli)
1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Nestle)
  • Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
  • Mix flour, salt and baking soda in bowl and set aside
  • Cream butter and sugar un medium speed until fluffy
  • Add eggs, mix
  • Add vanilla, mix
  • Add flour mixture and blend until well mixed
  • Stir in chocolate chips
  • Using tablespoon or 1/4 cup scoop (your choice) drop dough onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes for smaller cookie or 12-14 minutes for larger cookie or until edges set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment