Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 17: Vanilla Chunk Chex Mix

This is not a cookie, no ma'am, but then again, some of my best holiday treats aren't cookies at all. In reality, sometimes people are just sick of cookies this time of year. What I like most about this treat is that most of the ingredients are "good" for you (I did say most). Best of all it satisfies the sweet & salty tooth all at once.

This year I made it for JP's advisory-mates. (Sam is so "over that") I know a bunch of 6th graders will love this stuff and it gives me a reason to only have a small amount left in the house. As you can imagine, by day 17, we have had our share of Christmas goodies. So I made the mix, which took all of 15 minutes start to finish, let it dry and popped it in plastic bags tied with festive ribbons and presto, I was good to go!

Just a simple holiday treat when you don't have much time.


Vanilla Chunk Chex Mix
recipe shared with me by my cousin Deri Kelly Hutton

1 bag of holiday plain M&Ms
3 cups Corn Chex cereal
3 cups Rice Chex cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
2 cups salted dry-roasted peanuts
2 cups small pretzel twists
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 package (20 oz.) white chocolate bark
  1. Mix all ingredients into large bowl and set aside
  2. Follow melting instructions on package of white chocolate bark (I use microwave method)
  3. Gently fold in white chocolate using a rubber spatula
  4. Spread on wax paper, cool completely
  5. Break into chunks 



No comments:

Post a Comment