Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 14: Oatmeal Raisin Rounds

Today is just an oldie but goodie, requested by my youngest. I so wish I could eat one of these because the smells in the kitchen are phenomenal! They have cinnamon and raisins in them, so sadly, I'm out! Sometimes the best recipes are the oldest don't you think? I hope you enjoy them with a tall glass of milk, and hey, the oatmeal makes them healthy, right?

This weekend is a big weekend of baking in the house. Trying to get the goody gifts ready to give before everyone packs up and heads out for the holidays. I have the tins ready, cupcake boxes made, baggies and ribbon and a list of needed ingredients to produce my treats. This is why I love this season. Game on!

I hope this weekend find you wrapped up in holiday cheer whether it is an apron or a drink you "tie on", have fun doing it!

Until tomorrow, Sweet on!

Oatmeal Raisin Rounds 
1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 extra large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats (I used 2 cups quick and 1 cup old fashioned, rolled), uncooked
1 cup raisins

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees
  • Cream butter and sugars until fluffy
  • Add eggs and vanilla, mix well
  • Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, mix well
  • Add oats and raisins (I did it in the mixer fitted with a paddle, hand mix if using beaters)
  • Drop by rounded tablespoons or a medium scoop onto tray lined with parchment paper
  • Bake 8-10 minutes for smaller cookies, 12-15 for larger cookies
  • Cool one minute on tray then move to wire rack

*You could make them bar cookies and ice those bad boys with buttercream (YUM). To do this, bake in a 13" x 9" pan for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment