Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 6: Kiss the Cook(ies)


Today I was at a PTA Holiday Breakfast with some wonderful women to find out that people are actually reading and baking from this blog (thanks for the support!). There was a special request for some "new" cookies, i.e. not the ones that are already in the recipe box. I am so sorry to disappoint today but this cookie is an oldie but goodie. I promise something new age tomorrow! I just want to say thanks again baking buddies - loving the love!

When the cookie tray comes around, these are the first ones I grab. I make them all year in my cookie rotation because, well, I just LOVE them. It is not a new recipe by any means. I can remember them from my childhood when Aunt Olive brought us our annual Christmas cookie tray (my Mom, rest her soul, was NOT a cook/baker).

Loved them then, still love them today. Here's hoping you will too!



Kiss the Cook(ies)

1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup unsalted butter (no substitutes)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Jif, because "choosy moms chose Jif"®)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 extra large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 bag of Hershey Kisses®
Extra granulated sugar to roll dough balls, I used red and green sanding sugar

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) in a bowl and set aside.
  • Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together. Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla extract.
  • Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well incorporated.
  • Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in additional sugar
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes
  • Working quickly, press one Hershey Kiss® in the center of the cookie, smashing the cookie out. 
  • Eat copious amounts!

No comments:

Post a Comment